【四级】颜色是如何影响我们的

文摘   2024-12-19 08:18   湖北  



LYRICS


Hello. This is 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English. I'm Neil.

大家好。这里是 BBC 学习英语栏目的六分钟英语。我是内尔。


And I'm Georgina.

我是乔治娜。


This is the programme where we hope to add some colour to your life by talking about an interesting subject and teaching you some useful vocabulary.

在本节目中,我们想通过谈论一个有趣的话题并教你一些有用的词汇来让你的生活增添一点色彩。


And colour is what we're talking about today.

我们今天要讨论的就是颜色。


What's your favourite colour, Neil?

你最喜欢的颜色是什么,内尔?


Oh, I like green - a fresh, bold colour, that reminds me of nature - it can have a calming effect.

哦,我喜欢绿色 —— 鲜艳、大胆的颜色,让我想起自然 —— 它还有舒缓镇静的作用。


And you?

你呢?


It's got to be blue - it reminds me of the sea, the sky - and holidays, of course!

那肯定是蓝色了 —— 它让我想起大海,天空 —— 当然还有假期!


Colour, no matter which one we prefer, affects how we feel.

颜色,无论我们喜欢哪一种,会影响我们的感受。


And we'll be talking about that soon.

我们马上就会谈论这一点。


But not before I challenge you to answer my quiz question, Georgina - and it's a science question.

但是在这之前,我要用我的问题挑战你,乔治娜 —— 而这个问题跟科学有关。


Do you know what the splitting of white light into its different colours is called?

你知道白色光被分成不同颜色叫做什么吗?


Is it a) dispersion, b) reflection, or c) refraction?

是 A. 散射,B. 反射,还是 C. 折射?


Hmmm, well, I'm not a scientist, so I'll have a guess as c) refraction.

我不是科学家,所以我要猜 C. 折射。


OK, I'll reveal the right answer later on.

好的,我稍后会揭晓正确答案。


But now, let's talk more about colour.

但是现在我们再来谈谈颜色。


Colour can represent many different things, depending on where you come from.

根据你所来自的地方,颜色可以代表很多不同的东西。


You can be 'green with envy' - wishing you had what someone else had.

你可以说“眼红” —— 希望你也有别人有的东西。


And someone can feel blue, so feel depressed.

有人可能会感觉很忧郁,也就是觉得压抑。


We choose colours to express ourselves in what we wear or how we decorate our home.

我们选择穿衣或装饰房屋的颜色来表达自我。


The BBC Radio 4 programme, You and Yours, has been talking about colour and whether it affects everyone's mood.

BBC 电台 4 频道的节目《You and Yours》一直在谈谈论颜色以及它是否影响了每个人的情绪。


Karen Haller is a colour psychologist and a colour designer and consultant - she explained how colour affects us.

凯伦·哈勒是一位颜色心理学家兼颜色设计师和咨询师 —— 她解释了颜色如何影响我们。


It's the way that we take in the wavelengths of light because colour is wavelengths of light, and it's how that comes in through our eye, and then it goes into the part of our brain called the hypothalamus, which governs our sleeping patterns, our hormones, our behaviours, our appetite.

它是我们接收光的波长的方式,因为颜色是光的各种波长,是它进入我们眼中的方式,然后它进入到了我们大脑中叫做下丘脑的部分,下丘脑控制我们的睡眠模式,荷尔蒙,行为和胃口。


It governs everything.

它控制着一切。


And so different colours and different frequencies or different wavelengths of light, we have different responses and different reactions to them.

所以不同的颜色和频率或不同的光的波长,我们对它们会有不同的反应。


So, colour is wavelengths of light - a wavelength is the distance between two waves of sound or light that are next to each other.

所以颜色是光的波长 —— 波长指的是相邻两个声波或光波之间的距离。


As these wavelengths change, so does the colour we see.

我们看到的颜色随着波长的变化而变化。


Thanks for the science lesson!

谢谢这节科学课!


Karen also explained that there's a part of our brain that controls - she used the word govern - how we feel and how we behave.

凯伦还解释说我们的大脑里有一个部位控制 —— 她用的是统治这个词 —— 我们的感受和行为方式。


And this can change depending on what colour we see.

而这会根据我们看到的颜色而变化。


Interesting stuff, of course, colour can affect us differently.

有趣,当然了,颜色对我们的影响各不相同。


Seeing red can make one person angry but someone else may just feel energised.

看到红色会让某个人生气,但是其他人可能会觉得充满活力。


Homeware and furnishing manufacturers offer a whole spectrum, or range, of colours to choose to suit everyone's taste, and mood.

家庭用品和家具生产商会提供大范围的颜色选择,以此来满足每个人的品味和心情。


But during the recent coronavirus pandemic, there was a rise in demand for intense, bright shades and patterns.

但是在最近的新冠疫情期间,浓烈明亮的颜色和图案的需求增加。


This was referred to as 'happy design' - design that was meant to help lift our mood.

这被称作“快乐设计” —— 被用来帮助改善我们的心情的设计。


Yes, and Karen Haller spoke a bit more about this on the You and Yours programme.

是的,而凯伦·哈勒在《You and Yours》节目中进一步讲解了这一点。


In the time when everyone was out and we were all working, and we lived very busy lives, quite often what people wanted - they wanted a quiet sanctuary to come back to, so they had very pale colours or very low chromatic colours in their house - low saturation - because that helped them unwind and helped them relax and to feel very soothed.

在每个人都外出工作的时期,我们过着非常忙碌的生活,人们往往想要的是回到一个安静的庇护所,所以他们会给自己的房子选择非常单调的或非常淡的颜色 —— 低饱和度 —— 因为这能帮助他们松掉发条,帮助他们放松并感觉缓和。


But what I have found since the first lockdown is a lot of people, because they're not getting that outside stimulation, they're actually putting a lot of brighter colours in their home because they're trying to bring in that feeling that they would have got when they were out - that excitement and that buzz.

但是我发现自从第一次封锁以来,很多人,因为他们没有接受到外界的刺激,他们实际上在家里使用了很多更亮的颜色,因为他们想要获得那种他们会在外出时获得的感受 —— 那种兴奋和激动。


It seems that in our normal busy working lives, our homes were peaceful places and somewhere to relax - they were a sanctuary.

似乎在我们正常的忙碌的工作生活中,我们的家是一个平静的地方,能够放松的地方 —— 它们是一个庇护所。


To create this relaxing space, we use pale colours - ones that lack intensity, like sky blue.

为了创造这种令人放松的空间,我们会使用淡色 —— 不浓烈的颜色,例如天蓝色。


But during the recent lockdowns, when we weren't outside much, we tried to get that stimulation - that excitement or experience - by decorating our homes with brighter colour.

但是在最近的封锁期间,我们不能经常出去,我们想要获得那种刺激 —— 那种兴奋或体验 —— 通过用更亮的颜色装饰我们的家。


Such as yellow!

例如黄色!


Hmmm, perhaps a little too bright for me!

嗯,也许对我来说有点太亮了!


It is all about personal taste and the connections we make with the colours we see, but it makes sense that brighter colours can certainly lift our mood.

这主要看个人品味以及我们对看到的颜色的联想,但是更亮的颜色会改善我们的心情这一点是有道理的。


Now, earlier I asked you, Georgina, do you know what the splitting of white light into its different colours is called?

乔治娜,我之前问你,你知道白色光被分成不同颜色叫做什么吗?


Is it a) dispersion, b) reflection, or c) refraction?

是 A. 散射,B. 反射,还是 C. 折射?


And I said it was refraction.

我说的是折射。


Sorry, Georgina, that's wrong.

不好意思,乔治娜,回答错误。


It is actually called dispersion.

其实叫做散射。


Back to school for you - but not before we recap some of today's vocabulary.

你得回顾一下上学时候的知识了 —— 但是在此之前,我们要回顾一下今天的词汇。


OK. Firstly we can describe someone who wishes they had what someone else has, as being green with envy.

好的。首先我们可以描述希望拥有别人拥有的东西的人为眼红。


We also talked about a wavelength - the distance between two waves of sound or light that are next to each other.

我们还可以谈论波长 —— 两个相邻声波或光波之间的距离。


To govern means to control or influence.

统治指的是控制或影响。


A sanctuary can be a peaceful or relaxing place - in some cases, it can be a safe place for someone in danger.

庇护所指的是一个平静的,让人放松的地方 —— 在某些情况下,它可以指某个在危险之中的人的安全的地方。


Stimulation describes the feeling of being excited, interested or enthused by something.

刺激描述的是对某事感到兴奋、感兴趣或充满热情的感觉。


And pale describes a colour that lacks intensity, it's not very bright - and for me, they're much better than a bold bright yellow!

而苍白的描述的是不浓烈的颜色,不是很亮 —— 而对我来说,它们比那种浓烈的亮色黄色要好得多!


Well, Georgina, thanks for showing your true colours!

嗯,乔治娜,感谢你展现出你的本色!


That's all for now, but we'll be picking another topic to discuss out of the blue, next time.

今天节目就到这里,但是我们下次会突然挑选另一个话题讨论的。


Don't forget you can hear other 6 Minute English programmes and much more on our website at bbclearningenglish. com - and we're always posting stuff on our social media platforms.

不要忘记你可以在我们的网站 bbclearningenglish. com 收听其它六分钟英语节目 —— 我们一直都在社交媒体平台上发布内容。


Bye for now.

再见。


Goodbye.

再见。



猜你喜欢

四级真题 六级真题 考研真题

影视资源 | 电子书 | 翻译练习

备考策略 听力 | 写作 | 翻译

更多资源点击公众号底部菜单自取


END


点亮在看,携手更多同路人前行

四六级英语CET备考
聚焦英语四级、六级、考研,让英语学习成为一种习惯
 最新文章