视听 | 如何在低谷时成为最好的自己?

文摘   2024-11-19 18:02   广东  

 中英对照演讲稿(滑动查看👇)    

2017年1月20日 下午2:00

At 2:00 pm. On January the 20th, 2017.


我走下伦敦

I was walking down the stairs


高等法院的楼梯

of the high court in London.


我戴着手铐去

Wearing handcuffs on my way


全英国最暴力的监狱之一

to one of the most violent prisons in England.


而我在此之前从未因犯罪

Having never been arrested,


指控或定罪而被逮捕

accused, charged or convicted of a crime.


事实上

In fact,


连警察都不知道我要进监狱了

not even the police knew that I was going to prison


一周前

A week before


我还经营着一家成功的公司

I was running a successful company with


它拥有50多名员工 帮助了数千人

over 50 staff helping thousands of people.


一周后 我几乎失去了所有工作人员

A week later, I was down to virtually no staff


面临着失去我的一切

and faced with losing everything I had,


包括我的家

including my home.


最不可思议的冒险就这样开始了

So began the most incredible adventure.


我有幸活着

I've ever had the privilege of living.


我是怎么沦落于此的?

How I got there?


过程并不有趣

Isn't quite as interesting.


我在法庭上与一家大型跨国企业

I was arguing an years-old business deal


商谈长达多年的商业交易

in court with a major multinational,


这家企业拥有比我更雄厚的财力

the one that had far deeper pockets


以及更强大的法律实力

to flex far bigger legal muscles than I did.


当他们向我提出

When they threw a contempt of


藐视法庭的申请时

court application at me,


我有点不太相信

I didn't give it much credibility.


我记得一位商人老朋友

I remember an old longtime friend and businessmen


丹·佩纳曾经告诉我

Dan Penier, once told me that


在商业领域

when it comes to business,


诉讼和民事诉讼

litigation and civil actions


都只不过是一种工具

are nothing more than a tool


我以为这只是他们下的一步棋

I thought this was a chess move


就为了催我早日解决问题

to try to pressure me into an early settlement,


所以我并没有很重视

and I didn't really take it that serious.


但是我错了

That was a mistake.


我还学过很多关于法院系统如何运作的知识

I learned a lot about how the court system works,


可以这么说吧

shall we say?


当我坐在听证会上时

And when I was sitting in the hearing,


我的未婚夫转过身对我说

my fiance turned around to me and said,


事情没有按

"This isn't going the way


我们预想的发生

we thought it was gonna go.


怎么回事啊 你甚至都不允许离开这里..

What happens? You couldn't even go away here.."


我回答道 "我不知道为什么会这样

I'm like," I don't know why this is happening,


亲爱的 但我现在只得坐在这里了 ”

honey, but here's what I do now."


在过去的20多年里

I've been very blessed,


我非常幸运 非常荣幸地

very privileged over the last 20+years


让全世界数百万人

to have millions of people around the


从我的工作中受益

world benefit from my work.


但就好像最受益匪浅的人

As if maybe the people that could benefit the most


也没能听说这个消息

never really get to hear it.


他们在某种程度上就像是在监狱里

They're in some way like jail.


如果世界 或者随便你想称之为什么

If the universal whatever you want to call,


它想让我进去举一盏灯

it wants to send me in to hold a light,


那就让我去做吧

let me go do my work.


托尼·罗宾的一句话点醒了我

And I was reminded by a quote by Tony Robbin's.


我有幸作为一名经验丰富的培训师

I had the privilege of working alongside


在他的指导下工作了15年

as an experienced trainer for over 15 years.


他说过一些意味深远的话

He said something profound.


他说

He said


人类个性中最强大的力量

"The strongest force in the human personality


就是始终与你对自己的定义

is the need to remain consistent with


保持一致

how you define yourself."


换句话说 也就是你的身份

In other words, your identity.


比如 素食者为什么不吃肉?

For example, why do vegetarians not eat meat?


不是因为他们有不同的牙齿

It's not because they have different teeth


有不同的消化系统

through a different digestive system.


而是因为他们的身份是"我是素食主义者"

It's because their identity is " I am a vegetarian".


他们选择这一身份的原因

Now, the reason they may choose that identity


是个人的 而且会因健康或道德原因

is personal and varied for the health


而有所不同

or moral reasons.


但一旦你选择了这种身份

But once you adopt that identity,


它就设定了你的饮食

it governs what you order of the menu.


所以走下楼梯的时候

So I had a choice walking down the stairs


我也面临着自己的身份选择问题

as to which identity I wanted to adopt.


我可以选择囚犯的身份

I could either adopt the identity of a prisoner


选择成为受害者而抱怨

and a victim and complaining about


法庭上的恶作剧

the courtroom shenanigans.


或者我可以选择更多别的配对

Or I could choose something more in pairing,


比如选择进去做一个特工

someone who is going in on a mission


秘密执行变革的任务

as a secret agent of change.


我记得到了监狱

I remember getting to the prison


我做了体检

and I had my medical.


他们给了我衣服

They gave me clothes


在他们给我分配牢房前

and I sat with a doctor for a while


我和一位医生坐了一会儿

before they gave me a cell.


他俯身说 "我能问你个问题吗?"

And he leaned over says, "Can I ask you a question?"


我说 “当然可以”

I said "Sure".


他说 “你是便衣警察吗?”

He said, " Are you under cover?"


我笑了 我说 "你为什么要问?"

I smiled and I said, "why do you ask?"


他说 "在我的整个职业生涯中

He said, "well, in my entire career,


我从来没有见过任何人

I've never seen anybody so happy


来监狱的第一天会这么开心"

on the first every day in prison. "


我想那是个好兆头吧

I thought that would be a good sign.


但就连我自己也没有准备好

But not even I was prepared for


面对即将发生的一切

what was about to happen.


让我来重温一下当时的场景

Let me set the scene for you.


宾夕法维尔是一座有200年历史的维多利亚时代监狱

Pennsylvville is a 200-year-old victorian prison


它从未真正实现现代化

that's never really been modernized.


它是一所关着900名囚犯的房子

It was built a house over 900 inmates.


当我到达那里时 那里有1300多人

When I got there, there was over 1,300,


包括凶残的恐怖分子

including murderous terrorists,


比如 毒枭 武装劫匪

drug lords,  armed robbers to name a few


这是政府自己的统计数字

by the government's own statistic.


监狱人口中超过五分之一的人

Over one in five people in the prison population,


在服用抗精神病药物

they are all on antipsychotic medication


还有更多的人在服用抗抑郁药

with many more are on antidepressants.


监狱中暴力盛行 毒品排着队被预定

Violence is epidemic, drugs are to order.


许多牢房都有自己的宠物

Many of the cells have their own pets


比如蟑螂和老鼠

in the form of cockroaches and rats.


这么说吧 如果这是一家酒店

Let's just say that if it was a hotel,


它在"旅程顾问" 平台的评分不会很高

it wouldn't do very well on " trip advisor".


事实上 我记得在我到那几周后

In fact, I remember walking into the showers


我走进了浴室

a couple of weeks after I arrived,


这是我4天以来的第一次去洗澡

and this is my first shower in 4 days.


我的狱友走进了一间浴室

My cell mate walked into one set of showers


我走进了另一间

I walked into another


三个人跟着他进去

and three guys followed him in


关上了门

and closed the door behind


其中一个人掏出了武器

and one pulled out a weapon.


那是一把被水泥墙

It was a toothbrush that had been


磨的尖尖的牙刷

sharpened to a spike on the concrete wall


另一面粘了剃须刀的刀片

and with razor blades glued into the other side


粗糙但非常尖锐

crude but very effective.


他们没有浪费时间

They didn't waste time.


幸运的是 他们不是冲着我的狱友来的

Now luckily they weren't after my cell mate,


而是走在他前面的一个人

but somebody that had just walked in ahead of him.


虽然我没有像他那样亲眼目睹

While I didn't witness the attack personally


袭击过程

like he did.


但是从门下和淋浴间流出的血

The blood coming from under the doors and the


就像时恐怖电影里的场景

shower was like something out of a horror movie.


其实里面就是这个样子

In fact, this is what it looks like inside.


这是从报纸上的一篇文章中摘出来的

And this was taken from an article in the paper


而那篇文章报道的死者

of somebody else that was murdered


是在我到那之前被谋杀的

just before I got there.


欢迎来到宾夕法维尔

Welcome to Pennsylvville


我也非常相信

Now, I'm also a great believer that


人类情感不断成熟的过程中

one of the greatest days in a human being's life


最伟大的事情之一

on the journey of emotional maturity


就是我们意识到

is the day that we realize that


生活不是以舒适为中心的体验

life is not a comfort centric experience,


而是一种成长的体验

but a growth experience.


我相信我们生活在地球学校

I believe that we're in earth school.


对我来说 这是一次实践考试

For me, this was a practical exam.


我这次能真正地把我毕生所授的知识

I was able to actually walk the talk that I've been


拿到真实的环境中去实践了

teaching for so many years in a real environment


没有摄像机 没有第二次拍摄

with no cameras, no second takes.


显然  我学到了很多经验

And obviously learn my own lessons


我意识到我需要好好认清自己

that I needed to learn also about my own ego


并且学习一些有关法庭的一些知识

and some of the things that happened in court.


但我相信

But I believe that,


我们可以通过这种方式获得力量

we can be empowered by that


如果你能理解 我们每个人

If you can understand that


都生活在这样的地球学校里

earth school is here for everybody,


那么你该如何面对

but how do you handle


宾尼法尔的环境呢?

that environment in Pennivill?


光有积极的心态肯定是不够的

Positive thinking just isn't enough.


你需要一套工具

You need a tool set.


幸运的是

Luckily,


在经历了三十年的个人成长之后

after three decades almost in personal growth,


我有了一套不错的工具

I had a decent tool set,


今天我想在这里和大家分享

and I want to share a few of those


其中的一些经验

with you here today.


不是说你需要去监狱经历这些

Not that you need to go to prison to test these


监狱的经历还是留给像我这样的白痴吧

leave that for the idiots like me.


但是如果你的儿子或女儿

But if your son or daughter comes home


在学校度里过得不开心

from having a tough time at school


或者没有得到他们想要的分数

or not getting the grade they want,


或者你的配偶因工作裁员

or your spouse is suffering through


或其他事情而痛苦

having work downsizing or whatever


那么你也许可以利用我的经验之谈

you may be able to use some of what I was using


来改善你的这些窘境

in order to be able to help you.


而这也是我今天在这里的主要目的之一

And that's one of my main purposes here today.


我使用的第一个工具

Now one of the first tools I was using


往往被人们小看 那就是接受的力量

is often underrated, is the power of acceptance.


大多数人不理解接受的概念

Most people don't get to acceptance


因为他们把它与冷漠和弃权的概念混淆了

because they confuse it with apathy or resignation.


但如果你是在抱怨

But if you are complaining about something


已经发生的事情

that has already happened,


那你就是在浪费时间

you are wasting your time.


当我一走进那里

As soon as I walked in there,


我就对我自己的某些想法实施了零容忍政策

I implemented a zero tolerance policy on my own


尤其是以下句型开头的

thinking of any thoughts that started with


“如果...就好了”或“如果...会怎么样?”

“If only... ”or “what if ...?”


为什么?

Why?


因为时光无法倒流 而你改变不了任何事情

Because you can't go back and change anything,


你把牛奶洒了出来

the milk may be spilt,


但你无法将它放回瓶子里

but that's not gonna put it back in the bottle


即使你坐在那里自怨自艾

if you sit there and feel sorry for yourself.


但是通过解放反抗的能量

But by unhooking the energy of resistance


并将其控制在你能接受的范畴

and being coming to terms with where you can,


你就能释放出能量去挑战

then free up that energy to challenge


或者采取行动

or whatever the next best move is


来处理已经发生的事情

to deal with what's happened.


事实上

In fact,


我到那之后 我选择写下来

one of the first signs that I wrote when I got there


挂在牢房大门上的第一句名言就取自

and I put over my cell door was taken from


拿破仑 希尔的经典书籍《思考致富》

the classic Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.


事实上 就是这样一句话

In fact, this is the exact sign.


内容就是: 每一种逆境都孕育着

It states: every adversity carries with it


同等或更大利益的种子

-- the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit.


而大多数人面临的挑战是

The challenges for most people is that


他们太专注于逆境

they're so busy focused on the adversity


而忘了给种子浇水

they don't water the seed.


我坚信 生活中的许多礼物

I'm a great believer that many of the gifts in life that


都是由一层薄薄的“问题纸张”包裹而成的

come to us are wrapped in a thin layer of problems,


可能就是为了阻止某些人偷礼物吧

probably to stop somebody else from stealing a gift.


我使用的另一种工具

One of the other tools I was using


就是对比框架

was contrast frames.


对比框架是非常强大的

Now, contrast frames are very powerful,


它们本质上源于这样一个事实

and they essentially derive from the fact that


即我们赋予一件事物的意义

most of what we give meaning to


大都基于我们拿之比较的东西

is based upon what we compare it to.


举个例子

For example,


如果你在周一早上走进办公室

if you walk into work on a Monday morning


你的老板叫你进去

and your boss calls you in,


他给了你一个惊喜 加薪10%

and he gives you a surprise 10% pay rise.


你走出办公室 感觉棒极了

You walk out feeling pretty good.


然后在午餐时间

And then at lunchtime,


你在和你的同事聊天

you're chatting with your coworker


他们和你做着同样的工作

who essentially does the same job,


你发现他们也被叫进去

and you find out that they got called in


而且得到了15%的加薪

and got given a 15% pay rise.


现在你感觉不太好了

Now you're not feeling so good.


看吧 你以前什么都没有

See, you had nothing before,


但现在你涨了10%

but now you only have 10%.


对比框架的诀窍在于

The trick with contrast frames is to always contrast


要始终将你所处的境地与使你充满力量

where you are with something that


而不是丧失力量的东西进行对比

makes you empowered rather than disempowered.


很多年前我参加了一场艰苦的比赛

Many years ago, I ran a tough race,


这是世界上最艰苦的超级马拉松之一

one of the world's toughest ultra marathons


我们需要穿越撒哈拉沙漠

across the Sahara desert, the marathon they saw.


我记得在这里参加双马拉松比赛

I remember on the day of the double marathon here,


那天晚上我们正为第二天的

we were at night preparing to run


84公里做准备

84 kilometers the next day.


我们位于沙漠中央

We're in our little sleeping bags


睡在小睡袋里

in the middle of the desert.


天冷得刺骨

It was freezing cold.


暴风雨迎面吹来

The sound storm was blowing in our face.


我们已经跑了100英里的大部分

We'd already ran best part of 100 miles.


我们身体的每一个部位

Every part of our body


不是在流血就是在作痛

either was bleeding or was aching.


我们能感觉到骆驼蜘蛛和蝎子

We could feel the camel spiders and the scorpions


爬过我们的睡袋

crawling over a sleeping bag.


天呐 监狱的床位都比这要强

Man, what I would have given for a prison bed.


我还带进去很多书

I also had lots of books sent in


不仅是为了充实图书馆

to not only stock the library,


这一点大家都能理解

which is fairly understood,


而且也是为了能够帮助囚犯

but also to be able to help prisoners and give them


给他们一些我认为能够帮助他们的东西

something that I thought would be able to help.


其中一本书我印了很多本送进去

One of the books and I had many copies sent in


它就是维克多·弗兰克尔的

was the classic Man Search for Meaning


《人类寻找意义》

by Victor Frankkel.


我向许多狱友发出了挑战

And I challenged many of the prisons that


他们经历了一段艰难的时期

were having a tough time that


但他们愿意接受帮助

were open to being helped


去阅读这本书

to read that book


而停止留下充满感激的眼泪

and not cry with tears of gratitude


——就因为身处宾西法尔

for being somewhere like Pensivill


而非奥斯维辛那样(更残酷)的监狱

rather than somewhere like Auschwitz.


我做的另一件

One of the other things that I was doing


让大家受益匪浅的事情

to make a big difference there


就是在监狱里教他们

was teaching the prisons the difference


人身自由和精神自由之间的区别

between liberty and freedom.


监狱里所限制的全都是我们的人身自由

You see, all that really done was restrict my liberty


而非我们的精神自由

as people who have free will


然后我的选择范围变小了

and our decision based just be made smaller


那就是全部了

that was all,


我无法自由出入商店

I couldn't choose to go to the shops.


我不能选择去遛狗

I couldn't choose to go walk my dogs.


我无法向世人展示

I couldn't choose to show


我已经计划好的婚礼

what's my wedding that had been planned.


但精神自由是一种精神状态

But freedom is a state of mind.


没有人能把它从你身上夺走

And nobody can take that away from you.


正如甘地所说

As Gandhi said,


没有你的允许 任何人都不能在情感上

nobody can do anything to you emotionally


对你做任何事情

without your permission.


没有人能夺走你的尊严

Nobody can take your dignity,


它只能被你自己放弃

you can only give it away.


我的精神在牢房里更自由

I was freer in my little cell.


然后那天来的很多狱警

Then a lot of the prison officers who are coming


都讨厌他们的工作

in that day that hated their job.


或者我们回过头来讲一段不健康的感情

Or we're going back to a dysfunctional relationship.


他们没有工具也没有勇气去修复

They didn't have the tools or the courage to fix.


我还每隔两周给我的

I also wrote letters every 2 weeks to


高年级学生和我辅导的客户写信

my senior students and coaching clients,


从本质上记录正在发生的事情

essentially documenting what was happening and


并教给他们更多

teaching them a lot more of the tools


我在使用的工具

that I was using.


信的内容一部分是日记 一部分是“如何...”的目录

It was part journal, part "how to" manual


还有一部分是“你无法再去弥补什么了 事实已然发生”

part "you couldn't make it up, but it was real"


我写的也很生猛

And I was also very raw you know.


我分享了我哭泣的时光

I shared the times that I cried.


我分享了自我怀疑的时光

I shared the times that I doubted myself.


我在想我是否真的在做出改变

I wondered if I was actually making a difference,


这些信开始产生影响

those letters started to have an impact,


我辅导的客户不光自己读了我的信

not just for my coaching clients who read them


精神状态发生转变

and started to transform,


他们还在网上分享了这些信

but they also shared them online


它们开始改变大多数

They started to transform the lives of


读过信的人的生活

most people who read them.


这令我振奋不已

That started to bolster me,


我开始相信 我所做的不仅仅是

that started to give me conviction that what I was


在监狱这个狭小的空间写信

doing not just in my little private mission inside,


而且我也存在于外面的世界 帮助着那些

but on the outside was also reaching people


我所能接触到的人

it could help.


从那时起 我决定

Now I decided that from there,


我要更加努力 加倍努力

I'm gonna work harder and double down.


我开始与更大的监狱团体交流

I started working with bigger groups of prisons.


事实上 秘密特工的变革任务

In fact, the secret agent of change job


是一桩全职交易

got to be a full time deal.


每当他们让我走出牢房

Whenever they'd let me out of the cell,


我就会有一大堆狱友

I'd have a big crowd of prisons,


我意识到我必须好好利用我的时间

and I realized I had to leverage my time more.


我写了一篇短篇故事

I wrote a short story.


这个故事名叫《泥巴或星星 》

The story was called Mud or Stars.


这源于一句老话:

Taken after the old adage that


两个人透过囚窗外望

two men sat behind prison bars


一人看到了泥巴 另一个人看到了星星

one saw mud, the other saw stars.


这其实是在教导人们

It was really teaching people that


你的环境永远不会定义你

your environment never defines you.


它只是让你有机会

It simply gives you the opportunity


去定义自己

to define yourself.


而我把故事写了出来 我是按照一个

But I wrote the story out and I did it in a way that


虚构的故事即主人公第一次进监狱

followed a fictional story of a guy coming to prison


他有点像汽车前灯里的鹿

for the first time kind of deer in the headlights


感到困惑 愤怒和害怕

or confused and angry and scared.


他坐在等候室里等待被分配

He helps to be sitting in the waiting room


然后坐在一旁的明智的老狱友

to be processed and sits next to a wise old prison


开始跟他娓娓道来

that starts giving him advice.


我选择这样做是因为

I chose that because a lot of the times


很多时候如果我们去帮助别人

if we go to help somebody


我们主动提供指导

and we offer unsolicited coaching


我们真的想试着帮助

we really want to try and help.


但如果我们被拒绝了

But if you know, we get kick back


原因是对方不认识我们

because you don't know me,


也不了解我们的经历

you don't know my story


或者说即使他们需要帮助

or even if they want help


假设你也需要帮助

the presupposition is that you need fixing,


然后这引发了我们所有人都有的恐惧

and then that triggers the fear that we all have,


那就是我们怕自己不够好

which is the fear that we're not enough.


于是我们筑起一道防御墙

And we put up a defensive wall


并且忽视和小看他人的建议

and discount the advice.


所以我写下这篇文章

So I wrote this in a way that


以便人们能够参与进来

allowed people to be enrolled,


因为如果你坐在几个人旁边

because if you sit next to a couple of people that


你听着他们的对话

are having a conversation you're listening in,


然后你不禁感叹“哇 这真的好有趣”

You said “wow that's really interesting. ”


他们说的其实很好

What they're saying is actually good.


你的卸下了防御 因为对话的内容并不针对你

Your defenses are down because it's not about you


你逐渐放下防备

your guards down,


因此你更容易接受和输入

so you're more susceptible to taking on the input.


我用自己的双手写出这个故事

I had this story I'd written out by hand,


但我需要帮助才能把它送进监狱

but I needed a help to get it into the prison,


这就是监狱学堂再次介入的地方

and that's where the universe stepped in again.


第二天我发现学堂外无人监管

The next day I found myself unsupervised in class.


这种情况之前从未发生过

Now this never happens in Pennivill


但老师一直在等代课老师

But the teacher was waiting for


但他没有出现

supply teacher that didn't show up.


所以她不得不走 她把我们锁在教室里

And so she had to go and she locked us


这是监狱学堂的规定

in the classroom which is protocol.


现在我发现自己面对着

Now I found myself in front of


一台电脑和一台打印机

a computer and a printer.


我一个机灵

I didn't need an invitation.


开始从口袋里把故事拿出来打

I started typing up the story out of my pocket,


打印了50份

and I hit print 50 copies.


等她回来的时候

By the time she came back,


我把它们藏在我的毛衣下面偷偷带出了教室

I smuggled them out of the class under my sweater.


在接下来的两三天里 我去散步时

I went to walk over the next 2 or 3 days


神秘的邮递员把它们随意地塞进

as the mystery mailman sliding them under


牢房的门下 最后放在桌子上

cell doors at random leaving them on desks,


然后钉在布告栏上

pinning them up on notice boards.


没过多久魔法就发生了

It didn't take long for the magic to work.


持续几天内

Within a few days,


你能听到那些最暴力

you can actually hear some of the most violent


或最压抑的囚犯隔着墙壁

or depressed prisoners shouting to each other


彼此呼喊

across the wings


“监狱明星们”也都振奋不已

model stars to try to cheer themselves up.


他们开始发起一场运动

They started to create a movement.


事实上 我忙着和模特明星在一起

In fact, I was so busy with model stars


做一些其他事情

and doing all my other things.


所以我结束了这个漫长的故事

So I ended up the long story.


长话短说

Long in short is that


就是我成功让很多人

I manage to get a lot of people


戒掉了吸毒 阻止了他们的自杀

off drugs, stopping suicides


并真正帮到了那些

and really helping work with some of the people that


被监狱系统折磨的人

have been let down by the system.


它产生了如此大的影响

It created such an impact that


我发誓 等到我出狱

I vowed that when I came out,


我将能够创造一些东西

I'd be able to create something


给未来那些新的囚犯

that new prisoners could be given.


我为新的囚犯创建了一本欢迎手册

I created the new prisoner Welcome Booklet


因为当你面对充满着不确定性的环境时

because when you are faced with uncertainty,


你需要一些东西来支撑自己

you need something to hang on to


而且监狱中的许多系统

and the challenges for many of the systems


他们太让囚犯失望了

in the prison they let prisoners down


因为他们遵循的是一种过时的原则

because they're following an archaic principle


即他们遏制罪犯

of containing criminals


而非试图改造他们

not trying to rehabilitate them.


即使他们真的试图改造

And if they do try to rehabilitate,


他们的行动而总是没有效果的

it's always ineffective.


因为他们所做的

Because what they do


是通过教育来提高他们的技能

is they try to raise their skill set


但没有改善他们的心态

by educating them, not raise their mindset.


事实上 人类的行为遵循的是心态 而非技能

Now behavior follows mindset, not skill set.


如果你在教育某人时

If you educate somebody


没能提高他们的意识水平

without raising their level of consciousness,


你所要做的就是给他们更多的工具

all you're simply gonna do is give them more


帮助他们做出这种意识引导下的行为

tools with which to enact the same behavior.


我们从本质上让他们成为更倔的罪犯

We essentially make them better criminals,


这就是大多数统计数据所显示的

which is what most of the statistics will show you


一旦他们被释放

in terms of how fast somebody goes


他们会以更快的速度再次犯罪

and recommits a crime once they're released.


所以这本书 它的目的是真正帮助人们

So this book it was designed to really help people


改变他们的心态

shift their mindset


提高他们意识的水平

and raise their level of consciousness


让他们重怀希望

to engender hope,


而不是让他们别无选择

rather than give them no choice at all,


因为相比之他们曾有过很多选择

which for many years all the choice they had.


我很高兴地说这项技术现在正在推广

I'm very pleased to say this is now being rolled out


并在英国的几个监狱中被使用

and used in several prisons across the UK


我跟新南威尔士州惩教所的负责人

I was on the phone with somebody from


进行了电话交流

head of corrections in New South Wales.


我想把它推广到澳大利亚

I want to use it in Australia


我已经和美国的很多监狱

I've been talking with a lot of prisons


和慈善机构谈过了

and charities in the US


你可以去我的网站

you can go to my website


下载源文件 以及所有

and download the source files for this along


有关的图像资料

with all of the image rights


以便根据你个人的慈善机构

to be able to customize it


来定制改造它

to your own personal charity.


我很高兴地说它每个月

And very pleased to say it's now making a difference


都在为很多人带来改变

to many people every single month.


现在 我分享这一点

Now, I share that


因为我们每个人都会面临逆境

because every single one of us faces adversity.


不是因为我们不走运 我的朋友们

It's not because we're unlucky, my friends.


这都是与身俱来的

It's by design.


现在我们在地球学校里

Now we're here in earth school


成长和贡献

to grow and contribute.


这就是自然的两大法则

That's the two laws of nature.


最强壮的树从不长在肥沃的土壤里

The strongest trees don't grow in the best soil,


而是历经风沙而枝繁叶茂

they grow in the strongest winds.


如果你想成为最好的自己

If you want to become the best version of yourself,


那就不要再祈求避开那些磨难

stop praying for some strong winds


然后当它们出现时请不要抱怨

and don't complain when they show up.


我们只需要切实地看看自己身体的变化

We only have to go to the physical body to see


就像如果你经常去健身房  不断健身

that if you take it to the gym and push it,


不断锻炼 直到超越你的极限

push it past your limits,


它就会按照预先设定的程序

it's pre-programmed to return


带着一个更好的版本回来

with a better version of itself.


你觉得大自然想告诉我们什么?

What do you think nature's trying to tell us?


当逆境出现时 正如它会出现一样

When adversity shows up, as it will,


你可以试着通过提问自己

start to try to shift your focus


来转移注意力

by asking better questions


看看你能学到什么

by looking at what you can learn


或者你能成为什么样的人

or who you can become


而不是关注你会失去什么

rather than looking what you could lose.


对很多人来说  这就是成功人士的生活

It's the difference between a life of success


与街头流浪汉的生活的区别

and a life on the street , for many people.


如果我们能专注于自己

If we can focus ourselves on being able to


看到积极的一面

see the positive,


无论发生什么

and no matter what,


撕下包装纸

to tear the wrapping paper off


在逆境中寻找礼物

and search for the gift in the adversity,


然后我们就能有能力去过好生活

then we all have the ability to live a life


活的像一个佳例 而非一个警告

that as an example rather than a warning.


然后 但愿与此同时能留些遗产

And in doing so, hopefully leave a legacy


它不仅能造福除了你我以外的世人

that transcends not just ourselves,


还能流芳百世 承载更多的生命体

but it packs many more lives.


谢谢

Thank you.



Remark:视频、演讲稿均来源于TED官网,一切权益归TED所有,如有侵权必删之!


Anne英语学习社
大家好,我是Anne!这里有你要的视频文案哦!持续关注我吧!
 最新文章