重温经典丨《特洛伊》:历史将会记住谁

文摘   2023-12-15 11:36   四川  


历史将记得国王,不是士兵,明天我要攻下特洛伊城,我要在希腊每个小岛竖立纪念碑,刻下阿伽门农的名号。我将名留千古,你只能名流沙滩,随海浪冲刷。”



▲ 点击视频


 You have won a great victory, my King of Kings, no one thought the Trojan beach could be captured so easily.

 你获得了空前的胜利,众王之王。没人想到特洛伊海滩会这么容易被占领。

 

 A beautiful gift, Triopas. You will be among the first to walk in the streets of Troy tomorrow.

 这礼物很漂亮,明天你就会走在特洛伊城的大街上。

 

 My father, Neleus, had this urn made to commemorate his victory as the Cyparisseis. I present it to you in honor of an even more memorable victory.

 我的父王,奈鲁士,为了纪念一次伟大胜利烧制的,我将它献给你,纪念这次更伟大的胜利。


 Thank you. Old friend. Tomorrow we’ll eat supper in the gardens of Troy.

 谢谢你,老友。明天,我们要在特洛伊花园进餐。

 

★★★ Trojan  a.特洛伊的

capture  vt.占领

★★ commemorate  vt.用以纪念

victory  n.胜利

in honor of  为纪念

memorable  a.值得纪念的

 



 War is young men dying and old men talking. You know this, ignore the politics.

 壮者战死,老者自居其功,你很清楚这一点,别管政治。

 



 Apparently, you won some great victory.

 看来你获得了空前的胜利。

  

 Perhaps you didn't notice. The Trojan beach belonged to Priam in the morning. It belongs to Agamemnon in the afternoon.

 也许你没有注意到,上午属于普里尔蒙的特洛伊海滩下午就属于阿伽门农。 

 

★★★ Agamemnon  阿伽门农(特洛伊战争中希腊联军统帅)

 

 

 Have the beach? I didn't come here for sand. 

 随便你,我不是为了沙子而来。

 

 No. You came here because you want your name to last through the ages. A great victory was won today, but that victory is not yours. Kings did not kneel to Achilles. Kings did not pay homage to Achilles.

 没错,你是为了千古留名才来。今天获得了很大的胜利,但胜利不属于你,国王们不会像阿基里斯跪谢,国王们不会向阿基里斯致敬。

 

kneel  vi.跪下

★★★ pay homage to  表示敬意或崇敬

 

 


 Perhaps the kings were too far behind to see. Soldiers won the battle.

 也许国王们都躲在后面,没看到是他们的士兵赢得胜利。

 

 History remembers kings! Not soldiers. Tomorrow will batter down the gates of Troy. I'll build monuments to victory on every island of Greece. I'll carve “Agamemnon” in the stone. My name will last through the ages. Your name is written in sand, for the waves to wash away

 历史将记得国王,不是士兵,明天我要攻下特洛伊城,我要在希腊每个小岛竖立纪念碑,刻下阿伽门农的名号。我将名留千古,你只能名流沙滩,随海浪冲刷。

 

★★★ batter down  用力打破

monument  n.纪念碑

 

 

 Be careful, king of kings. First, you need the victory.

 别得意太早,众王之王,你必须先把仗打赢。

 

 Your men sacked the temple of Apollo, yes?

 你们搜刮了阿波罗神庙?

 

 You want gold? Take it. It's my gift to honor your courage, Take what you wish.

 你要金子尽管拿去,我献给你当礼物,尽管拿去吧。 

 

 I already have.

 我已经拿了。

 

★★ sack  vt.劫掠

★★★ temple of Apollo  阿波罗神庙

 

 

 The spoils of war.

 我的战利品。

 

 No argument with your brothers, but if you don't release her, you'll never see home. Decide.

 我不想动手兄弟们,但你们若不放了她,就永远回不了家。快决定。

 

 Too many people have died, today. Killing is your only talent, that's your curse. I don't want anyone dying for me.

 今天已经死了太多人,你只会杀人,那是你的悲哀。我不希望有人为我而死。

 

★★ the spoils  战利品

release  vt.释放

curse  n.诅咒,祸根

 

 

 

 Mighty Achilles, silenced by a slave girl. Tonight. I'll have her give me a bath and then who knows.

 万夫莫敌的阿基里斯被一个奴婢骂得哑口无言。今晚,我要她伺候我入浴。然后,谁知道呢。

 


 You sack of wine!

 你这个酒囊饭袋!

 

 Before my time is done. I will look down on your corpse and smile.

 我在死之前,一定会笑着看你死在我眼前。

 

mighty  a.强大的

silence  vt.使安静

★★★ corpse  n.尸首

 

 


注:一星词汇为四级难度,二星词汇为六级、考研难度,三星词汇为雅思、托福及以上难度,大家根据自己的考试要求选择性学习





看纪录片学单词
分享纪录片精彩片段和台词整理,在视听环境里学习词汇和表达,积累各学科背景知识,提升英语学习的乐趣 丨 创作者:许泽传,新东方“集团优秀教师”,四川大学硕士