Cat's in the Cradle (摇篮里的猫)
by Harry Chapin and Sandy Chapin
My child arrived just the other day.
有一天,一个孩子隆生了
He came to the world in the usual way.
他平凡的来到人世
But there were planes to catch, and bills to pay.
但是这个世界上,还有飞机要赶,还有账单要付
He learned to walk while I was away.
当我在远方时,他学会了走路
He was talkin’ ‘fore I knew it.
在我知道前学会了说话,
And as he grew, he'd say,
当他长大时,他说:
"I‘m gonna be like you, Dad,
我要像你一样,爸爸
You know I’m gonna be like you"
你知道的,我要像你一样
摇篮里的猫咪,银色的汤勺
Little boy blue and the man in the moon.
忧郁的小男孩,月亮上的男人
"When you comin’ home, Dad?"
当你回家时,爸爸,
"I don‘t know when,
But we’ll get together then,
但是我们会团聚的
You know we‘ll have a good time then."
你知道我们会过的很开心的
My son turned ten just the other day, he said,
有一天,我的儿子十岁了,他说
"Thanks for the ball, dad. Come on let’s play.
谢谢你送给我的球,爸爸,我们一起来玩吧
Can you teach me to throw?" I said, "Not today,
你能教我怎么投掷吗,我说今天不能
I got a lot to do." He said, "That‘s okay."
我有许多事情要做,他说那好吧
And he walked away but his smile never dimmed.
他走开了,脸上的笑容并没有暗淡,
He said, "I‘m gonna be like him, yeah,
他说我要像他一样,是的
You know I’m gonna be like him.“
你知道的,我要像他一样
摇篮里的猫咪,银色的汤勺
Little boy blue and the man on the moon.
忧郁的小男孩,月亮上的男人
"When you comin’ home, Dad?"
当你回家时,爸爸,
"I don‘t know when,
But we’ll get together then,
但是我们会团聚的
You know we‘ll have a good time then."
你知道我们会过的很开心的
Well, he came from college just the other day.
有一天他上大学了
So much like a man, I just had to say,
越来越像一个大男人,我不得不说
"I'm proud of you. Can ya sit for a while?"
儿子,我为你自豪,你能坐下来呆一会儿吗?
He shook his head and he said with a smile,
他摇了摇头,并且笑着说
"What I'd really like, Dad, is to borrow the car keys.
爸爸,我其实是想借车钥匙
See ya later. Can I have them please?"
晚会儿见,能借我车钥匙吗?
And the cat’s in the cradle, and the silver spoon,
摇篮里的猫咪,银色的汤勺
Little boy blue and the man on the moon.
忧郁的小男孩,月亮上的男人
"When you comin home, son?" "I don’t know when,
当你回家时,儿子,我不知道什么时候
But we‘ll get together then,Dad.
但是终于团聚了,爸爸
You know we'll have a good time then."
你知道我们会过的很开心
I‘ve long since retired, my son's moved away.
我退休很长时间了,我的儿子搬走了
I called him up just the other day.
有一天我打电话给他
I said, "I’d like to see you, if you don't mind."
我说,我想去看看你,如果你不介意的话。
He said, "I‘d love to, Dad, if I can find the time.
他说我十分乐意,爸爸,如果我能抽出时间
You see my new job's a hassle and the kids have the flu.
你也知道我的新工作竞争很激烈,孩子们像流行感冒一样
But it's sure nice talkin' to you, Dad.
但是和你说话很高兴,爸爸
It’s been sure nice talkin' to you.
和你说话真的很高兴
And as I hung up the phone, it occured to me,
当我挂掉电话时我突然意识到
He‘d grown up just like me.
他长大了,简直和我一样
My boy was just like me.
我的孩子就像我一样
And the cat‘s in the cradle, and the silver spoon,
摇篮里的猫咪,银色的汤勺
Little boy blue and the man on the moon.
忧郁的小男孩,月亮上的男人
“When you comin home, son?”
当你回家时,儿子
“I don’t know when,
我不知道什么时候
But we‘ll get together then, Dad.
但是终于团聚了,爸爸
You know we’ll have a good time then."
你知道我们会过的很开心
喜欢今天的文章,别忘了在文末右下角点个“在看”,并转发给更多人看。
喜欢今天的文章,别忘了在文末右下角点个“在看”,并转发给更多人看。
以上图文来源网络,意在交流学习,普及知识,如侵权请联系删除。