重点笔记
1. filial ['fɪlɪəl] piety ['paɪəti] 孝道/孝顺
In Chinese culture, filial piety is a virtue of respect for one's parents, elders and ancestors.
在中国文化中,孝道是一种尊重父母、长辈和祖先的美德。——《维基百科》
2. honor one's parents 孝敬父母
It's our duty to honor our parents.
我们有义务孝敬自己的父母。
3. devotion to family 对家庭的付出/自我牺牲(迪士尼电影《花木兰》)
I'm really touched by your devotion to family.
你对家人的付出(孝道)我很感动。
devoted daughter/son 孝顺的儿女
He is a devoted son.
他是一个孝顺的儿子。
I've been working hard to be a devoted daughter.
我一直在努力成为一个孝顺的女儿。
have a responsibility/obligation to honor parents/family/elderly 尽孝道
We all have an obligation to honor our parents.
我们都有义务孝敬我们的父母。
That means we are to respect them, seek their counsel, and care for them.
这意味着我们要尊重他们,寻求他们的建议,并照顾他们。——美国杂志《家庭》
上期答案
堵车已经堵了45分钟了。工作我是真的要迟到了。
I've been stuck in traffic for 45 minutes. I'm going to be so late for work.
本期作业
你们有义务孝敬自己的父母。
☆学习建议:去留言处翻译成英文,明天对答案跟读音频,学习效果翻倍!